Happy Valentine’s Day!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful evening – whether it’s celebrating Valentine’s Day or jut enjoying the fact that it’s Friday! I’m off to enjoy my own Friday night so I have a short post for you tonight, but I thought it was such a cute idea for Valentine’s Day and it’s SO easy that I just had to share: Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats.
Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats
3 Tablespoons butter
1 package regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
red candy coating melts (~1/4 cup)
white chocolate chips (~1/4 cup)
- In large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. When melted, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal to marshmallow mix one cup at a time. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into non-stick sprayed 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Wet hands/spatula when pressing down the rice krispie mix into the pan so they do not stick. Let cool.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut rice krispies into heart shapes.
- Melt red candy coating melts and white chocolate chips in a bowl and mix together to create pick. Use chocolate to drizzle over and decorate rice krispie treats.